Posted 3rd December 2013
At a time when we are all putting together our own Christmas food shopping list, we thought it might be fun to ask our Executive Head Chef, Keith Mitchell what his list is like to make sure he has plenty of food to feed the 200 guests booked to stay for the 4 day House Party this year!
In addition to the 400kg of Christmas puddings and 1,500 Mince Pies already made, here is just a sample! I don't think any of us would like to be paying this bill at the check out!!!
- 10,000 eggs
- 4,000 rashers of bacon
- 2,000 pints of milk
- 1,500kg of Fresh fruit and Vegetables (800kg of this are potatoes that need to be peeled)
- 1,000kg of Fresh meat and poultry
- 1,000 portions of smoked Scottish Salmon
- 700 packets of butter
- 500 loaves of bread
- 200 portions of Beef Wellington
- 40 Bottles of Brandy!
- 50 bottles of Mulled Wine (made to Chef's own secret recipe)
Don't worry, you won't get stuck behind him at the supermarket but do spare a thought for all the Chefs this festive season!......