Posted 23rd August 2012
This Tuesday just gone (21st Aug) we at the Grand celebrated another Long Service lunch. This is an Elite Hotels tradition and all staff of 5 years or more service are eligible. Always a popular event, this year was no exception! I thought you might be interested in some 'facts and figures' surrounding this special event!
- Out of the 166 permanent staff at The Grand more than 83 are members of the Long Service Club with a total of 992 years between them!
- 4 brothers, all working in the main kitchen rack up an amazing 148 years together!
- All 7 of the Concierge Team have 5 years or more service and a total of 61 when added up!
- The General Manager and The Deputy General Manager have 30 years between them!
- This years lunch saw 4 staff receive their 5 year award, 5 receive the 10 and 15 years each, 2 were 20 years and 1 (PA to the GM) was a stunning 35 years - 220 if you add them all up together!
We are very proud of the longevity of service achieved by our staff here at the Grand and believe it is fundamental to the standards we offer to our guests.
So well done to all and here's to more years on the clock and more members in the Long Service Club......
Astrid van de Pas
Personnel & Training Manager at The Grand Hotel