Every year since 2015 (with the exception of 2020) The Pasadena Roof Orchestra have hosted a weekend in the magnificent surroundings of the Grand Hotel, Eastbourne. Enjoy some of the finest music from the 1920s and 1930s played in the unmistakable style of the orchestra. There are lots of activities to enjoy during the day, and a wealth of good food and music to be experienced on both evenings.
The Pasadena Roof Orchestra was founded by John Arthy in 1969 and continues to tour the world to this day, successfully appearing at major concert houses in London, New York, Dubai, Berlin, Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur and have recorded more than 40 albums, provided music for films and even appeared at Buckingham Palace.
Friday 24th November
Arrive at your leisure, your room is available from 4pm for check-in.
- 6.00pm - Join the Pasadena Roof Orchestra for a welcome drinks reception.
- 7.00pm - A three-course meal served in the Compton room, followed by a special post supper special cabaret set from the Orchestra.
Saturday 25th November
After a full English breakfast enjoy a relaxing time in the hotel’s health club and spa or a hearty walk on stunning Beachy Head, 10 minutes from the hotel.
- 11.00am - Duncan Galloway, Band Leader and vocalist of the Orchestra will give a presentation in words and music about life on the road, scrapes with officialdom as well as a few anecdotes and adventures from over 50 years on the road.
- 3.00pm – Afternoon tea dance with our vintage dance specialists Hoc and Mark Ewing. Learn a novelty dance or practice for the gala evening!
- 7.00pm – A fabulous black tie gala dinner with dancing to music played by the Pasadena Roof Orchestra.
Sunday 26th November
There is still time to make the most of the hotel’s facilities before departing. We recommend that you book in advance for lunch, afternoon tea or spa treatments.
Your weekend includes
- Two nights' accommodation with full English breakfast
- Two dinners with wine and entertainment as detailed
- Temporary membership of the Grand Health Club and Spa
- View our delicious menu for the weekend here
• From £189.00 per person per night (based on two adults sharing a twin/double Deluxe Inland Bedroom)
• Extend your stay for Thursday and/or Sunday from just £87.50 bed & breakfast, or £120.00 to include dinner (both prices are per person, per night, based on two adults sharing a twin/double Deluxe Inland Bedroom)
• Single supplements apply.
• A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking. This is non-refundable and non-transferable. The balance is due on arrival. All prices include VAT.
For further information and to book, please contact the Reservations Department on 01323 412345